The Administrative Staff are responsible for the day-to-day operations of fulfilling our mission. Under the direction of the Executive Board, the Administrative Staff execute the objectives of each of our programs, ensuring efficient and effective operations of all Wisconsin Justice Leagues initiatives.
Interim Executive Director
Lelah Huntley is a native of Milwaukee and has served in the community for many years. Lelah comes from a strong family who instilled many values in her. Her educational background is in community education and political science. Lelah worked for several years in non-profits, starting back in 2002 when she worked for the Running Rebels Community Organization as a Crisis Stabilizer, mentor, and Intake supervisor. She also embraced the challenge to mentor incarcerated youth in the Racine County Correctional Facility and Wales Wisconsin Juvenile Detention Center. She provided services that prepared them to transition from incarceration to the community.
Through her dedication to serving in Milwaukee, the citizens elected Lelah as a commissioner for District 1 at the social development commission’s office. For four years on the board, Lelah served the public policy and program planning committee and board chair for the Human Resources committee. As commissioner for district 1, Lelah was able to help her community by providing resources for education services such as GED/HSED, emergency services such as food pantry listings and rent assistance, financial services such as financial literacy, Vita free tax preparation, nutrition services such as summer and youth food programs, residential services such as lead outreach, neighborhood improvement project, & weatherization. Lelah also made sure she gave back to the youth every year by providing book bags, hygiene products, socks, and many other essentials.
Ms. Huntley engaged with the community by supporting or serving the following organizations and associations:
- Flood the Hood with Dreams2005-2012
- Campaign Against Violence/ League of Young Voters-2007-2012
- The Human Development Center Fundraising Committee 2007-2017
- Girl’s Day Out at City Hall 2010- Present
- Campaign Management for Alderman Russell Stamper II 2011- Present
- Center for Progressive Leadership Fellowship Program 2011- 2012
- (Emphasis on fundraising, campaign management, non-profit management, political leadership)
- Alderman Russell Stamper’s Annual Sock Drive2012- Present
- Fresh Coast Classic 2012- Present
- Big Clean MKE 2018- Present
PO Box 18478
Milwaukee WI 53218